google-site-verification: google617314e106a28fde.html

Saturday, February 28, 2009

I Hope at Least While He Was Doing His Dirty Work, He Writhed in Pain and Cried, "I'm Melting, I'm Melting . . ."

See this little purple crayon wrapper? Acting all innocent?


Don't let him fool you.

Have a look at his pile of victims:


Friends, I have seen laundry incidents in my day, but this -- this was the ugliest. Nothing in this very full load was spared. Even the smallest sock came out polka-dotted purple.

A couple of examples:


Homemakers everywhere, feel my pain. And, um, did I really take my laundry out on the back deck so I could take pictures of it for my blog? Yikes.

11 comments:

mermaids said...

ugh!

Pilcrow said...

Uuuuuuuugh! Pain felt. Is there anything that will get those out? Such a devious, wicked little crayon.

Stephen said...

I, too, feel your pain. Seriously, I do. But still, this is hilarious! Have you any recourse?

Betsy said...

I think you should market it as a creative new fabric design technique. But I feel your pain. Is the inside of the dryer covered with blue wax spots too? Oh my yes, I do feel your pain.

Betsy said...

p.s. I meant purple wax spots. You can edit the former and delete this if you want.

marymary said...

Mom, it appears that editing comments is not one of my blogger options, darn it.

eMiLY said...

OOH! I do feel your pain! It always happens to a full load, too!

Ligia said...

Oh sad day, but I agree with Stephen. After some time, you will look back on this and laugh. My kids haven't done this to me yet (they're still too small) but I remember doing it to my own mother. Oh the things that mother's must endure.

Anonymous said...

It's happened to me. Two full loads in a row. Many of them brand new school clothes. And both times I was POSITIVE that I had checked all of the pockets. So yes, I do feel your pain.

Lili said...

YOUCH

Anonymous said...

Erm... I believe the crayon incidents my mother (OhSusanna) is referring to were my fault. I remember the offending crayon, too. It was bright orange....