google-site-verification: google617314e106a28fde.html

Friday, February 13, 2009

"I'm Drawn to You, Valentine"

For Jane's and Zuzu's class valentines, they made a prototype sheet that we copied onto cardstock for mass production.


Valentines with corny puns are a tradition I hold dear.
"You're sharp!"
"You're all 'write' with me, Valentine."
"Nothing Can Erase Our Friendship, Valentine!"
etc.
Jane's cards:
Zuzu's cards:


Looking over Jane's, I couldn't help noticing that one of these things is not like the others:

6 comments:

eMiLY said...

It's subtle, but effective!

Anonymous said...

very cute . desu !

Andrea said...

Your last picture... hilarious. He IS quite the ladies' man... er... boy.

Lili said...

AWESOME. Loved the last photo, too. I so wanted to do something fun for my nieces and nephews today. Instead I unpacked boxes and went through several years of unorganized papers (I guess that when one leaves the country with a few weeks notice and stashes things away...then once those things reemerge they must be reckoned with).

Betsy said...

These are adorable & puntastic. I love them so much. Also, at last I have (belated) (which, guess how, I just discovered is an anagram of bleated) Valentines ready for the kids.

adriennep said...

I love these! I also require all valentines to have corny puns. I keep a running list of ideas for them in my head/sometimes on my computer if I am lucky, and then I try to force them upon my children. "Don't you think it's so funny to give all the kids a little folding fan with a Valentine that says 'I'm a fan of you!'I bet all the kindergarteners would just love it!" Also, yay for young love. This year Reese insisted on making a valentine for a little girl in his class at church. Then we had to figure out how to get it to her without seeming too keen. Then we had to make valentines for all the kids in his class to disguise his crush. It was pretty cute though.