google-site-verification: google617314e106a28fde.html

Thursday, February 5, 2009

A Place for Her Birthday Money

Zuzu is constantly losing her money, so Saturday night I made her a wallet. Now I'm smacking my head that I made it without any kind of tether, however, because this is Zuzu we're talking about. (Fortunately she doesn't read my blog, so it should remain a surprise until tomorrow.) Also, it turned out to be very fiddly and my make-it-up-as-I-go-along style caused me to have to take apart and redo parts and stay up way too late. But I like it, despite a couple of wonky bits.

While I was making this, I had a sudden flashback to commiserating with my friend Emmie in my elementary years about her terrible misfortune that her school's colors were -- ugh -- brown and gold. Ha.

 

 

 

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pretty! It turned out great. I'm laughing about the tether.

I keep putting wallets for the kids on my shopping list but somehow the list always gets lost before wallets get purchased. Isaac did inherit Dean's old one in the meanwhile. Mabel's stuck using a paper envelope.

mermaids said...

very cute! could you still add a little wrist strap?

Lili said...

Aw, pretty!

American Yak said...

Mary, this is adorable.

eMiLY said...

Again, you are amazing!

adriennep said...

I love this fabric! So cute. Where did you find it? I hope she never loses it!

marymary said...

Adrienne, I wish I could tell you the maker for the fabrics, but I found them as pieces in remnant baskets at two different stores (Broadbent's in Lehi and Pine Needles at Gardner Village) -- never saw the label on the bolt to know where they came from.

adriennep said...

Bummer. What a great score though!