Me: Zuzu, do you want to wear some shorter shorts that don't show?
Zuzu: No, mom, look! With these, I have SIX pockets in the front. See? One, two . . . (lifts skirt) three, four, five, SIX!
On that note, let me share the contents of her backpack from this morning:
- school papers (including several blank "extras" -- every day she brings home whatever leftover worksheets she can get her hands on)
- froot* roll wrappers
- 5 rocks
- 2 plastic magnifying glasses
- 1 brand new pencil (I can only hope not stolen from her teacher's desk)
- my bodhrán tipper (no, unfortunately I don't play -- my sister sent it to me from Ireland where she was a missionary)
- small tree branches and their dried-up blossoms
You're right if you think this post feels like a rerun.
*Normally I'm not a lover of novelty spelling, but considering the questionable connection of this item to actual fruit, it seemed like the right thing to type.