google-site-verification: google617314e106a28fde.html

Sunday, April 12, 2009

2007 Easter Dresses

This year for the second year running, I wanted, but didn't manage, to make Easter dresses for my girls, so I'm consoling myself with pictures of the last ones I made, in 2007.

I had this vision in my head of a dress with gathered neckline and sleeve inserts for a couple of years before I made it come true. It came out kind of close to how I envisioned it.


Now I'll treat you to an exclusive behind-the-scenes view of how a typical photo shoot goes down at our house. Witness the quick devolution from picture perfect . . .

into general shenanigans . . .




into pandemonium.


This pattern of behavior is not limited to photo shoots. It's a fair description for most undertakings at our house. Except usually, there's also crying involved.

Also, see pretty Zuzu?


Here's what she was hiding in her mouth the whole time.

If I wrote medical textbooks, I would tell pediatricians-in-training that a blue tongue indicates a child who has recently had gustatory chemosensory exposure to saccharides.

3 comments:

Betsy said...

Aw, thanks for posting this. Love the dresses, love. every. single. photograph, adore those girls. And their mom. And dad. And brother. And little sister.

Laura said...

So pretty. Such cute little girls.

Pilcrow said...

Majestic! Lovely. We miss you. Also, punch passes for the Scera pool are 20% off now through the end of April.