google-site-verification: google617314e106a28fde.html

Friday, February 11, 2011

Co-inky-dinks

1. One day last month (well, the eleventh, in fact) I sat down at the computer and discovered I'd missed a little instant message from Peter that said, "Happy 1-11-11!" Then I glanced at the clock in the upper corner of the screen and saw that it was, at that moment, 11:11 a.m., though he'd sent the message about a half an hour earlier.

2. Yesterday I walked into the kitchen to see what time it was. The clock on the microwave and the display on the range below it both said 2:41. Then I thought, "Didn't I set that timer for the pork chops? Heyyyy, wait a minute . . . Could I possibly have walked in at the very minute when the clock, counting forward, and the 3 hour timer, counting down . . . ?" So of course I had to stand there and wait until, sure enough, the display on the microwave changed to 2:42 and the display on the range turned to 2:40.

3. Today, thinking about a dress for Zuzu's baptism next month and looking for inspiration, I typed "girls white dress" into a Google image search. Much to my surprise, on the top row of results was the picture of Jane and Molly in their baptism dresses from this blog.

When I told Peter about the second one and reminded him of the first one yesterday, he said, "Wow. You must be living right," which made me laugh really hard.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tender mercies? :)

I had that happen to me once, that I was doing a Google image search and something popped up from my own blog. But now I can't remember what it was. Something more obscure than girls in white dresses, I think.

I never did make Mabel's dress, although I finished the smocking. (I did find a cute white outfit to buy.) I don't know whether to use that smocking for a dress for Rose (in which case I should probably start now) or start fresh. Unfortunately I'm a little tired of the colors of the smocking--besides that it seems unfair to Mabel. Unfinished stuff, bane of existence, sigh.

Anonymous said...

That's pretty amazing about (all three), but about the white dress.

I've gotten pretty used to typing in bookbinding terms in a google image search and having multiple hits to my own blog ;-) But it was pretty fun when that first started happening.

Tracy Hall Jr said...

I forget who said it, but I like it:

A coincidence is a miracle where God chooses to remain anonymous.

Lovely post!

melissa said...

So for the real question. What are you going to do for her dress? I am dying to know! I have some white fabric if you are interested. Even some really great linen that would be honored to be a baptism dress. Really, though, I just can't wait to see another amazing creation by you.

Leilani Bascom said...

So, I've already found myself relaying these few experiences of yours to other friends, so apparently, I find these circumstances amazing! I can't get over it, you just have perfect timing!