google-site-verification: google617314e106a28fde.html

Sunday, April 4, 2010

Wonderful/Horrible

The other day I told Peter that I'm tempted sometimes to buy those chocolate Easter bunnies for my kids' baskets, just because when I was a kid they were something my friends got that I never did. And so it came to be that I woke up to find this 15-inch monstrosity in a basket for me:


Diva Da' Bunny! My kids were so excited. They couldn't stand how long I waited to open it. I was giving out the little candy embellishments and Adam said, "I want the eye of the bunny!" Suddenly, my house was filled with the sound of my children wailing, "And the last known survivor stalks his prey in the night, and he's watching us all with the EYYYYYYYYEE, of the bunny!" because recently Zuzu has used her powers of Internet to learn (and teach to her siblings) the lyrics to Survivor's "Eye of the Tiger." This is hilarious, and also kind of horrible -- not unlike Diva Da' Bunny herself. I survived (no pun intended) 4 years worth of pep rallies and sporting events as an Orem High tiger without ever knowing what those lyrics were. And now I realize I preferred it that way.

4 comments:

melissa said...

Now I am going to have to look it up as well. I can't say I went to very many pep rallies, but I have heard the song all my life.

On another note. Good for you Peter! I was also one of those kids that envied the chocolate bunnies of my friends while growing up. Funny the things we remember. Good for a therapy session... in the far future... when we have time to think.

Stephen said...

Thoughtful Peter.

Tracy Hall Jr said...

I am so happy to have a son-in-law who compensates my daughter for all her childhood deprivations!

Anonymous said...

I seem to recall getting a small hollow chocolate bunny once or twice. I got some for my kids last year and this year they wouldn't let me forget. But yours surpasses almost anything.