google-site-verification: google617314e106a28fde.html

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Games for Geeks

You know how at Merriam Webster Online clicking on the little speaker icon next to a word lets you hear how it's pronounced (like this)? 10 years or so ago, I discovered that if you change the word at the end of the pronunciation pop-up box's URL, the link would then display your word of choice along with the original audio.

Recently I remembered about my little trick and was pleased to find that it still works. Click here for an example.

An endless source of amusement, right?

Well, today Jane wanted me to teach her how it's done, so I did, and later, she left this window
open for me on the screen.

Awww.

2 comments:

Stephen said...

That was awwwwsome.

Betsy said...

Aw. C'est vrai, Jane.

trapper: one who traps; also, Mr T performing Treat Your Mother Right.