google-site-verification: google617314e106a28fde.html

Friday, May 15, 2009

Two Circa 1940 Photographs by Helen Levitt

I'd never heard of photographer Helen Levitt until today's post from the smaller blog. All of her shots in this set are great, but I loved these two images in particular too much not to share them. (No, I have no legal rights to display them on my blog.)



Living with little children, there are innumerable delightful moments that happen and then are gone forever. I take a lot of pictures in a feeble attempt to capture some of it, but my pictures rarely do real justice to the moment. Maybe that's why it makes me so happy to see these perfectly evocative, beautiful images of childhood moments from nearly 70 years ago.

2 comments:

OhSusanna said...

Fantastic. Makes me want to take a photography class.

Emily Brimhall said...

I love good photography. If only I had a money tree out back I'd buy a nice camera so I could capture moments like these.